Empowering SMBs with Microsoft Azure: An MSP guide to positioning Microsoft Azure to customers
Table of Contents
Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) increasingly recognise the need to embrace cloud technology to stay competitive and fuel their growth.
Microsoft Azure, a leading cloud computing platform, has emerged as a game-changer for SMBs seeking to enhance their operations, streamline processes, and achieve greater agility in the workplace. As Managed Service Providers (MSPs), your expertise plays a pivotal role in guiding SMBs towards harnessing the full potential of Microsoft Azure.
In this blog post, we’ll delve into who should consider using Azure and explore the best ways for SMBs to leverage its capabilities and discuss how intY can support you to make you the ultimate Microsoft Azure reseller.
What is Microsoft Azure?
In a nutshell, Microsoft Azure is a comprehensive cloud platform offering a wide range of services, including computing power, storage, databases, networking, analytics, and more. It provides SMBs with the ability to build, deploy, and manage applications on a global network of data centers, all while benefiting from the flexibility, scalability, and cost-effectiveness of the cloud.
Who should use Microsoft Azure?
SMBs across various industries can leverage the power of Microsoft Azure to address their unique challenges and capitalise on opportunities to increase business efficiency.
If you’re new to selling Microsoft Azure or you’re an existing seller and looking to tap into new customer verticals, here are some scenarios that indicate who should consider using Azure:
- Growing Businesses: SMBs experiencing growth or expecting rapid expansion can benefit from Azure’s scalability. As an MSP, you can guide these businesses in seamlessly scaling their IT resources up or down as needed.
- Innovation-Driven Companies: SMBs looking to innovate and incorporate technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), and data analytics can take advantage of Azure’s pre-built services and tools. Your role involves assisting in integrating these technologies to drive innovation.
- Resource-Constrained Organisations: Businesses with limited IT budgets can benefit from Azure’s pay-as-you-go pricing model. MSPs can help SMBs optimise their cloud spending by choosing the right services and managing resources efficiently.
- Remote Work Enablement: In the era of remote work, Azure offers a secure and scalable environment for hosting applications, enabling collaboration, and ensuring data accessibility for remote teams.
- Data-Centric Operations: SMBs relying on data analytics to make informed decisions can use Azure’s data services, such as Azure SQL Database and Azure Cosmos DB. You can support these businesses in managing and analysing data effectively.
Best ways for SMBs to use Microsoft Azure:
As an MSP, your expertise can make a significant impact on how SMBs make the most of Azure. Here are some of the best ways SMBs can utilise Azure:
- Migration to the Cloud: Assist SMBs in devising a migration strategy to move their applications and data to Azure. Choose the right migration approach based on the SMB’s requirements, whether it’s a lift-and-shift migration or a re-architecting process. Head here to find out more about Azure Migration.
- Azure App Services for Web Apps: Help SMBs host and manage web applications using Azure App Service. This service simplifies application deployment, scaling, and management, enabling SMBs to focus on their core business.
- Data Storage and Analytics: Guide SMBs in leveraging Azure’s storage solutions, such as Azure Blob Storage and Azure SQL Database, to store and manage data securely. Implement analytics tools like Power BI for data visualisation.
- Disaster Recovery and Backup: Showcase Azure’s capabilities for backup and disaster recovery. Design strategies using services like Azure Site Recovery to ensure business continuity in case of unexpected events.
- Security and Compliance: Collaborate with SMBs to implement robust security measures using Azure Security Center. Highlight Azure’s compliance offerings to help SMBs meet industry-specific regulations.
- Azure Virtual Machines: Explore the flexibility of Azure Virtual Machines (VMs) for hosting applications and services. Assist SMBs in selecting the right VM sizes and optimising performance.
- Cost Management: Educate SMBs about cost management tools like Azure Cost Management + Billing. Implement cost-saving measures by rightsizing resources and using reserved instances.
Why resell Microsoft Azure with intY?
Microsoft Azure presents a multitude of opportunities for SMBs to enhance their operations and stay ahead in the competitive landscape. As MSPs, your guidance is invaluable in helping SMBs navigate the Azure ecosystem, from planning and migration to optimisation and security.
By obtaining relevant Azure certifications the Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals and tailoring solutions to each SMB’s unique needs, you can empower them to thrive in the cloud-enabled future. But for an MSP, it can be hard to know where to start, what to focus on and how to ensure it’s a commercial success for your business by creating the right services to support your customers.
That’s why intY’s Azure Ascend programme was created – to help you learn, build specialised services, and grow your business both technically and commercially.
No matter where you are on your Microsoft Azure journey, our specialists are here to guide you through the process of growing your Azure business.
Equipping you with the tools to become fully proficient and confident in delivering Azure services.
Ready to resell Microsoft Azure?
To get started reselling Microsoft Azure, or to learn more about anything mentioned in this blog, please reach out to our experts at intY’s Azure Practice team who will be happy to help.
Identity management solutions can be advantageous to Managed Service Providers, along with the benefits it can deliver to their customers