Say hello to the new way of connecting with RingCX: A comprehensive CcaaS guide for MSPs
Table of Contents
In the bustling landscape of business today, staying connected with customers is key. Contact Centre as a Service (CCaaS) is the ultimate, dynamic tool that’s reshaping customer interactions by offering traditional voice calls, chats, emails, social media messaging and AI, all in one platform
So, why all the buzz around CCaaS? Businesses using CCaaS see happier customers, quicker problem-solving, and a boost in overall efficiency. But it’s not just about being more easily and reliably contactable; it’s about offering your customers seamless, high-quality customer service from anywhere, at any time.
The world of CCaaS is expanding. Data from MarketsandMarkets suggests that the global CCaaS market, valued at approximately $24.1 billion in 2020, is expected to nearly double by 2026. For Managed Service Providers (MSPs), this presents a golden opportunity to broaden your offer and futureproof your services.
In this guide, we’ll explore CCaaS in depth: what it entails, its standout features, and the benefits it brings to businesses. We’ll offer insights on how to pick the right CCaaS solution, with input from intY’s in-house experts and our RingCentral partners.
If you have customers looking to elevate their customer experience with a solution that’s not only effective but has the potential to increase revenue, CCaaS is the perfect answer!
1. Contact Centre as a Service (CCaaS): But what actually is it?
CCaaS stands for Contact Centre as a Service, where all cloud-based customer communication systems are delivered through a single platform, typically on a subscription basis.
But it’s not just about making calls; it’s about creating enhanced, efficient and cost-effective communication experiences. With CCaaS, businesses can seamlessly communicate across a range of channels – whether it’s a traditional phone call, video conference, quick live chat, an email thread, SMS alert, or even social media messaging. With every platform integrated, users can switch between channels with ease, depending on the customers preference.
Whilst almost any business can leverage the power of CCaaS, it’s particularly well-suited to industries with a high volume of inbound or outbound calls, such as travel agencies, hospitality businesses, recruitment firms, and of course, call centres. However, it has many potential applications beyond these sectors.
2. Core Features: The notes that make the music sing
Let’s take a closer look at the key features that make up CCaaS:
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR): This is like a digital receptionist that guides callers through a menu, making sure they reach the right department or person without any hassle.
- Skill-based routing: Say goodbye to the “Please hold” routine. This feature ensures that callers are directed to the agent who is best equipped to handle their specific needs or questions.
- Data directed / Intelligent routing: This feature routes calls based on real-time data analytics, optimising the customer experience. Comprehensive reporting and analytics: With detailed reports, businesses can gain insights into call patterns, agent performance, and more.
- Automated outbound dialling: This feature automates the dialling process, ensuring timely and consistent outreach.
- Real-time interaction and behavioural coaching: This feature provides instant feedback and coaching tips to agents and sales reps during live interactions, enhancing their performance.
- Campaign management: Organise, execute, and manage outreach campaigns with precision and ease.
3. How CCaaS improves the customer experience: Where the customer and agent are both right
Customer experience is the cornerstone of success for all businesses. And this is where CCaaS comes into its own. It’s not just a communication tool; it’s a bridge, connecting businesses to their customers in multiple user-centric ways.
90% of customers anticipate an immediate response when they reach out with a service query, which underscores the pressing need for businesses to be agile and responsive.
With CCaaS at the helm, businesses aren’t just meeting expectations; they’re exceeding them. Here’s how:
Rapid response: With reduced call queues, customers can be attended to promptly, ensuring their issues are addressed in record time.
First call, right solution: With increased first call resolution rates, customers no longer need to make multiple calls or be passed around between departments. Their queries are resolved at the first point of contact, enhancing their overall experience.
Efficiency at its best: For call agents, streamlined workflows and centralised information mean they have everything they need at their fingertips, enabling them to serve customers more effectively and confidently.
4. AI use in CCaaS: No more “I did not understand your request. Please try again.”
CCaaS is now harnessing the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI). And AI Digital Routing isn’t just about directing calls. It’s a sophisticated system that understands a caller’s intent, ensuring that communications are more personalised and efficient. With the capability to recognise multiple languages, discern text semantics, and even categorise message types, it’s like having an extra employee at the switchboard.
5. Why CCaaS is worth the investment: Get more bang for your buck
Customer service is the ultimate differentiator, especially in saturated marketplaces. Businesses that invest in their customer service are reaping the benefits in revenue and growth.
Furthermore, future-focused businesses are seeking scalable, cloud-based solutions that work in remote settings. And, with the impending ISDN switch-off, businesses are on the cusp of a digital communication revolution. There’s a pressing need to keep up with the pace of change.
Let’s delve into some telling statistics:
- Customer loyalty & experience: According to CCW, a significant 43% of customers are ready to jump ship to a competitor after just two unsatisfactory interactions. And only 15% feel that their experiences feel personalised.
- The power of investment: Metrigy’s insights reveal that companies leading the pack are those that are investing a whopping 92% more in Customer Experience (CX) technology. The results? An impressive 18% surge in revenue and a notable 17% uptick in customer ratings.
- RingCentral’s impact: The 2022 Customer Success Metrics Survey by RingCentral shows that businesses leveraging CCaaS solutions have witnessed a 25% increase in average revenue per agent and a remarkable 48% boost in customer satisfaction.
CCaaS is built with business growth in mind. It integrates seamlessly with tools like Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, which help manage customer interactions, and Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) tools, which oversee IT systems. These ensure that as businesses expand, their communication tools already have the ability to adapt, maintaining seamless connections as they scale.
6. RingCX: An AI-powered, agile and complete Contact Centre
In the world of Contact Centre solutions, RingCentral is a leading player. As a globally recognised brand, they’ve established a reputation for innovative approaches to Contact Centre solutions.
Their newest solution, RingCX, has exceeded all expectations. RingCentral has harnessed the power of AI, while combining the best features of UCaaS and CCaas, to deliver the ultimate experience.
But what does all the mean? Let’s explore some of the features.
Native integrated omnichannel: With 20+ digital channels to communicate via intelligent skills-based routing you can ensure seamless and productive communications with reduced complexity through unified business intelligence analytics.
AI-powered transcripts, summaries, and conversational insights: Intelligent Virtual Agents, powered by Google Dialogflow, are at your customers beck and call with real time assistance.
Workforce engagement management: Ensure continuous guidance for agents with native AI – first Quality Management and Conversation Analytics, as well as coaching, performance management and more.
So, it has great features but how can I compare this to other CCaaS solutions?
RingCentral has thought about every aspect with agile and fast deployment, simplified predictable pricing, enhanced experience for everyone involved in the calls, connected customer journeys and effortless experiences with seamless omnichannel operations.
“MSPs would be wise to implement a CCaaS solution like those offered by RingCentral. In addition to better customer satisfaction scores, streamlined Contact Centre operations, and lower costs to operate, it’s also about knowing the products you sell. When you use a CCaaS solution internally, you can better advise clients who are curious about the technology. When they want to upgrade, you are already an expert.*”
Zane Long, VP – Global Partner Sales
7. CCaaS Success Stories: RingCentral and Lush *insert good smells here*
RingCentral is a rapidly growing CCaaS platform, which is helping many top brands achieve success. One such partnership is with Lush, a global beauty brand with over 950 retail stores worldwide.
Lush approached RingCentral when they faced challenges with their legacy phone infrastructure – which lacked the agility and scalability their growing enterprise needed.
RingCentral’s cloud telephony platform brought about significant changes for Lush:
Efficient onboarding: With intuitive video tutorials, agents could quickly get on board with mastering the technologies.
Enhanced reporting: Clear reports ensured optimal staffing during peak times, enhancing customer service.
Flexibility and cost efficiency: RingCentral offered the ability to adjust licenses based on demand, and Lush was able to reduce their phone costs by £20,000 annually.
Lush’s experience underscores the potential of CCaaS for MSPs – with huge opportunities to help your customers leverage new communications technology for success.
Explore the full case study here.
8. How to implement CCaaS: intY and RingCentral can navigate the challenges with you
As with all new technologies, the journey to implementing CCaaS can come with challenges. Many MSPs grapple with the age-old debate of on-premises versus cloud. And while on-premises solutions offer familiarity, the cloud promises scalability and flexibility. It’s a tug-of-war between tradition and innovation. Further complicating the landscape are potential gaps in skills, knowledge, and resources. As the realm of CCaaS expands, the learning curve steepens, demanding expertise and a deep understanding of different capabilities and their applications.
However, every challenge presents an opportunity, and with the right training and business support, you’ll soon have the expertise needed to start selling CCaaS to your customers.
Both RingCentral and intY have training, resources and expert guidance for MSPs:
– The intY Agency Model: By embracing intY’s Agency model, MSPs can tap into a wealth of expertise and resources to pitch and sell CCaaS solutions. And all you need do is refer your customers; the vendors can take care of the details.
– RingCentral’s IGNITE! programme: IGNITE! offers a roadmap for MSPs looking to become RingCentral partners. From training modules to hands-on support, it’s designed to bridge knowledge gaps, ensuring MSPs are confident and fully equipped to offer top-tier CCaaS solutions to their customers.
9. CCaaS: What is your verdict?
With the proliferation of AI and conversation intelligence technology, CCaaS capabilities will advance by leaps and bounds in the coming years. That’s why savvy. future-focused businesses are getting on board now.
An intelligent, omnichannel platform – tightly integrated with employee communications – will soon become the standard, and organisations stuck with legacy systems may get left behind.
The need to provide a stellar customer experience will never change, just the method by which it’s delivered. As organisations realise the value of AI and how they can transform a Contact Centre into a revenue driver, demand for cutting-edge CCaaS solutions will only increase.
“Contact Centre presents a fantastic opportunity for our partners. It’s a natural extension to UCaaS and a great margin play. It’s been interesting to see the shift in the the perception of Contact Centre. For example, partners understand that it’s not just for large enterprise call centres, and more SME’s are realising the benefits that
Contact Centre brings to enhance both their employee and customer experience, and ultimately increase productivity and efficiency within their organisation.”
Amy Smith, Agency Sales Advisor
Get expert help from intY
We’re here to support you with all the guidance, tools and resources you need:
- Industry experts: we provide advice and support for your specific needs.
- Vendor matching: we’ll find the perfect vendor for your business and customers.
- Build your skills: we can provide the knowledge and training your team needs to succeed.
Get in touch below to help grow your business with CCaaS solutions and RingCX from RingCentral.
Identity management solutions can be advantageous to Managed Service Providers, along with the benefits it can deliver to their customers