Staying Ahead of The Curve - Why Offering Web Protection is a Strategic Move for MSPs
In the digital age, the internet is an essential part of our professional lives, but it isn’t always a safe space. In a constantly evolving threat landscape, cyberattacks are becoming more sophisticated and the number of cloud-based business interactions is creating more opportunities for criminals to exploit.
As we become more reliant on online services and platforms, the need for robust security measures becomes increasingly urgent. For Managed Service Providers (MSPs), this presents both a challenge and an opportunity.
Web protection has emerged as an essential component of the cybersecurity arsenal, serving as a line of defence against a multitude of online threats, and plays a vital role in today’s interconnected landscape.
We sat down with Andy Kerr, Senior Manager of Solutions Marketing at Acronis, to delve into the world of web protection, exploring its importance for both the end-user and MSPs and how it can be a commercially valuable offering.
What is Web Protection?
Web protection is a comprehensive security measure that safeguards against various online threats, including malware, ransomware, and crypto jacking technologies. It serves as a digital barrier, ensuring that only safe and authorised content reaches the users on your network. There are several components to web protection which include:
Web filtering solutions provide granular control, allowing MSPs to offer their customers complete control over their web access. By implementing intelligent content filtering policies, malicious websites, inappropriate content, and unproductive websites can be blocked.
Web Application Firewalls:
With attacks on web applications and APIs continuing to increase, Web Application Firewalls (WAFs) are an essential layer of protection. A WAF protects your customer’s web apps and APIs by monitoring incoming and outgoing web traffic.
First Line of Defence
Small to medium–sized businesses (SMBs) are particularly vulnerable to web threats, often navigating the cyber landscape with limited resources and budget constraints. A managed web protection service offers SMBs a powerful defence, strengthening their online activities without the need for an extensive in-house security team.
Acronis offers a robust web protection solution and Andy Kerr breaks this down in more detail here:
“End customers stand to gain substantially from Acronis’ web protection capabilities, which extend beyond simple data backup and DR to ensure comprehensive endpoint security. The web protection feature actively defends against potential data breaches and malicious intrusions, offering a multi-layered shield against a wide range of cyber threats. This includes protection against phishing sites, malicious downloads, and suspicious web activities that could otherwise compromise sensitive data.”
In an age where cyber threats can no longer be ignored, the reasons for SMBs to embrace web protection are compelling.
- Data Security: Even small businesses handle sensitive data that can be valuable to cybercriminals. Web protection helps safeguard customer information, financial data, and intellectual property.
- Compliance: SMBs are subject to the same compliance regulations such as GDPR or PCI DSS, as larger companies. Web protection helps ensure compliance while avoiding potential fines and legal issues.
- Reputation Management: A single security breach can significantly harm the reputation of an SMB; web protection can prevent such incidents and shows a commitment to data care and integrity.
- Target of Attacks: Research has shown that SMBs are targeted by cybercriminals as they are perceived to have weaker security measures. Web protection provides robust security that can deter attackers.
- Business Continuity: Web protection helps maintain business continuity by preventing cyberattacks that can take systems offline or disrupt essential functions.
Embracing Web Protection as a Core Strategy
MSPs can transform their portfolio by providing web protection services, and proactively safeguarding their customers.
Andy Kerr explains how:
“For MSPs, Acronis’ cyber protection bolsters their security offerings, addressing growing cybersecurity challenges. By selling Acronis’ web protection via intY, you get an all-encompassing security protocol. This means peace of mind and the assurance that endpoints are secured whether employees are working in the office, remotely, or even on the go. The holistic security strategy enhances the overall user experience, reduces system downtime, and minimizes the costs associated with data breaches and recovery efforts.”
Providing web protection services enables:
- Enhanced Security: By providing web protection, MSPs add an essential layer of defence against cyber threats such as malware, phishing, and ransomware. This makes their overall service offering more comprehensive and robust.
- Customer Trust: SMBs are increasingly concerned about cybersecurity, if you are not offering web protection to your customers, someone else soon will! MSPs that demonstrate a commitment to their customers’ safety, will enhance trust and strengthen the relationship.
- Market Differentiator: Including web protection in service offerings can set an MSP apart from competitors and could attract more security-conscious customers.
- Proactive Approach: Web protection allows MSPs to take a more proactive stance on security. This offers future cross-sell and upsell opportunities within their existing customer base.
- Ease of Integration: Many web protection solutions are designed to integrate smoothly with existing managed services, allowing for a seamless addition to current offerings.
- Building Long-term Relationships: By addressing critical security needs, MSPs foster long-term relationships with customers who recognise the value of comprehensive, integrated solutions.
At intY, we recognise the critical importance of web protection in today’s ever-changing cyber landscape. We are committed to supporting MSPs as they evolve their service offering to include web protection as part of their cybersecurity stack. We understand that one size doesn’t fit all, that’s why the intY in-house team of experts take the time to understand an MSP’s specific requirements and challenges.
Safeguard with Acronis Cyber Protection
intY works with you to identify the best web protection solution to fit your specific needs and budget. By leveraging our strong relationships with leading vendors, such as Acronis, we facilitate the migration process and play a vital role in the upskilling of your employees.
Andy Kerr concludes:
“Not only does Acronis’ web protection offer real-time threat monitoring, but it also leverages advanced machine learning and AI algorithms to predict and prevent future risks, offering a proactive approach to cybersecurity. This level of protection is particularly critical in today’s rapidly evolving threat landscape, where vulnerabilities can be exploited in a matter of seconds.”
Through Acronis’ Advanced Security Advanced pack, you can protect your customers from web attacks and exploits through URL filtering, safe browsing and exploit prevention, enabling employees to collaborate safely online.
Enhance Your Security Offering
Web protection isn’t just a luxury, it is a necessity in the age of relentless cyber threats. As the first line of defence, it safeguards both the end-user and the broader digital environment.
For MSPs, offering web protection isn’t merely a commercial opportunity: it’s a vital part of a forward-thinking security strategy.
If you’re an MSP looking to enhance your security offerings, partnering with intY can provide the resources, support, and expertise needed to achieve these goals.
Don’t leave your customers exposed. Contact us today to learn more about our web protection services and take the first step in creating new revenue–generating security services.
Senior Manager, Europe Solutions Marketing, AcronisAn accomplished marketing professional with over 11 years of experience in the cloud data protection and management industry.
Identity management solutions can be advantageous to Managed Service Providers, along with the benefits it can deliver to their customers